Subscribe RSS

Sunday

Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken

This is a recipe I got from my good friend Jill.  It is super nutritious and low calorie -- you'll feel virtuous just eating it!  Plus it's delicious -- a winning combo!

Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken

3 Cups cooked brown rice
2 Cups cubed grilled chicken breast
2 medium tart apples, diced
1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
2/3 Cup chopped green onions
1/2 Cup chopped pecans
3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or 1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Cup grapes, cut in half (I always put in 2 cups--they're my favorite part :)

In large bowl, combine all the above.  In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients and shake well.
1/4 Cup cider vinegar
3 Tbsp canola or olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat.  Serve immediately or refrigerate.  Keeps well.  8-10 servings.


Isn't it pretty?  It tastes as good as it looks!

If there are types of food or recipes that you'd like to see on this blog, please leave a comment and let me know!  I'd be happy to try and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment