Subscribe RSS

Thursday

Applesauce Spice Raisin Muffins

I tried these muffins tonight for dinner and they turned out so well that I thought I'd share them with you.  I had made them before but hadn't really liked the texture, so I made some alterations and they came out just right.  You could serve these to guests and they would never guess that they're gluten free.

Applesauce Spice Raisin Muffins

In large bowl, add and combine well:
2 eggs
1/3 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup oil
1 Cup applesauce (preferably unsweetened)
1/2 Cup raisins

In a smaller bowl, combine well:
1-3/4 Cups gluten-free Four Flour Bean Mix
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice

Preheat oven to 400.  Grease 12 medium muffin tins.  Combine wet and dry mixtures together until mixed.  Spoon into prepared pan.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool on rack.  Makes 12 muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment