Subscribe RSS

Monday

Quick Dinner -- Turkey or Chicken over Rice

I have been sooo neglecting this blog lately -- we've been traveling almost non-stop -- 3 times to Utah in a month (too much!) and lots of time in the mountains before winter gets here.  Anyway, I had nothing planned for dinner one night, so I quickly put this together with what I had on hand, and it turned out so good I thought I'd better share it!  I know the name is lame --- but I couldn't think of what to call it!  If you have a better name, let me know and I'll change it.

Quick Dinner -- Turkey or Chicken over Rice

Put your rice on to cook while you do the following:

6 Tbsp butter, melted
4 Tbsp rice flour

Stir together and cook 1-2 minutes.

3 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, sliced, or 1/4 Cup chopped onion
1 Cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 Cups shredded or chopped cooked turkey or chicken (you can used canned, if you want)

Add to butter/flour mixture and cook until veggies soften.

1 can chicken broth
1 tsp coarse ground pepper

Add to above and stir constantly until it's gravy.  Serve over cooked rice.  Quick and easy!





No comments:

Post a Comment